In response to customer feedback, Spot is expanding its existing RBAC options to include Custom Roles. This allows for more granular access to the Spot Dashboard, and allows IT managers to create groups with specified permissions based on individual site needs.
To expedite user setup, there will still be three Built-in Roles: Super Admin, Device Manager, and Live View Only.
- Super Admins have access to all settings across the Spot Dashboard Organization.
- Device Managers have access to Live View, Search, Maintain and Configure tabs.
Live View Only
- Live View Only has access to Live View and Walls.
Creating a Custom Role
From the Spot Dashboard, access the Configure tab, then Users from the left side bar, and finally choose the Roles tab. Click New Role, name the role, and choose the associated permissions.
Adding Users to a Role
When creating the role, you can click Add Member to add an existing user to the new role. If the role is already created, you can access the role from the Roles tab, then expand the Members dropdown and click Add Member. Lastly, you can add a custom role from the Users tab by selecting the user in question, and choosing the Custom Role name from the dropdown under Role.
Note: You can only be associated with one Role at a time.
To ensure you’re creating the roles best suited to your organization, the various permissions options are explained below.
All Locations Toggle: User can see all locations
Note: Users associated with a specific camera group or location, when added to a role, will have access to the role permissions for only those specific cameras. Trying to choose a camera in a different location or camera group, or a wall that has mixed camera groups or locations will result in an error.
- Live video access: User can access live video
- VOD video access: User can access historical video through search
- People Search Access: User can access people search, if it is enabled for the organization. Each person will be required to accept the Terms of Service.
- Manage People Assignment: User can group and re-assign faces in people search.
- Video Sharing: User can share video externally and view share tab
- Cam audio access: User can hear audio on video
Users: User can view the user list
- Manage Users: User can add/edit users and custom roles
Devices: User can view cameras and appliances. Toggling this on will give the user access to viewing the Maintain page, but will not give them edit access.
- Edit cameras & appliances: User can add/edit cameras and appliances. This includes editing AI features (Forklift Detection and License Plate Recognition) via the Maintain Page.
- Toggle camera audio recording: User can toggle audio recording on cameras. This includes editing Audio features via the Maintain Page.
- Manage Attribute Search: User can toggle attribute search on or off on individual cameras via the Maintain page
- Manage People Search: User can toggle people search on or off on individual cameras via the Maintain page
Cases: User can view cases they are added to
- Access All Cases: User can access all cases across the entire organization, independent of any location based restrictions
- As a Viewer - User can view cases
- As a Commentor - User can comment on cases
- As an Editor - User can edit cases
Walls: User can view walls
Alerts: User can see their own alerts
Note: Users can only see their own configured alerts, no matter the permission level. This also applies to Super Admin users.
Intelligence: User can see dashboards
Integrations: User can see integrations
- Manage integrations: User can manage integrations
- API and Webhooks: User can access API keys
- Audit Log: User can access /download audit log
- Compliance: User can access / create compliance reports
- Settings: User can access and edit organizational settings via the Configure tab
A user must be associated with a role, or they will have access to nothing. If a user’s role does not have permissions for something, the tab associated with that feature will not be displayed. If a single user needs specific permissions, a custom role will need to be created for that individual user, however there are no limits to the number of custom roles that can be associated with an Organization.
We hope this article was useful to you, please leave us a comment or feedback as it will help us improve our customer support center.