Customers are growing at scale, and as such so do their Video Wall needs. While the Spot appliances can support 9-Camera walls on a physically connected kiosk, and 16-Camera walls on a client browser, Spot Display allows for up to 32-Cameras per wall. This is done through the use of the Spot Display app on an Apple TV 4k with Wi-Fi and Ethernet.
- Customers must purchase an Apple TV 4k with Wi-Fi and Ethernet. These are available from the Apple website.
- Customers must set up their Apple TV with their Apple ID. If you don’t already have an Apple ID, instructions on how to set one up are available here.
- Customers must purchase a license from Spot to use the Spot Display app. Please reach out to your Sales or Customer Success team for more information on how to purchase a Spot Display license.
Once the Apple TV is set up, and the Spot Display license has been issued, you’ll need to claim the Apple TV into your organization.
To claim a device into your organization, you must have admin permissions and be using admin credentials.
- On the Apple TV, navigate to the App Store and search for, “Spot AI TV Dashboard”
- Download the Spot Display app, and open it
- Sign into the Spot Display app with your Spot Dashboard credentials
- Once signed in, a second screen will appear asking you to request a code.
- Enter the code that was sent to your email. Make sure to check any “All Mail”, “Spam”, or “Junk Mail” folders as occasionally the code email can be flagged as junk.
- If your email address is associated with multiple organizations, you’ll be prompted to select which organization you’d like to create the video wall for. If your email address is associated with only one organization, you’ll be prompted to claim the device to the organization.
- Click Add device to claim the device to your organization. If the Apple TV has already been claimed into an organization, you’ll receive an error message.
- If the claim is successful, the MAC address of the Apple TV will be visible in the Spot Dashboard in the Apple TV section.
Managing and Viewing Spot Display Licenses
Licenses are viewable on the Spot Dashboard in the Apple TV section.
- Navigate to the Configure tab of your Spot Dashboard, then select Apple TV from the left side menu.
- After you claim an Apple TV into the organization, you will be able to see the MAC address and paired license here. You can also see if licenses are available to set up additional Apple TVs.
- You can delete a MAC address to free up a license. If a MAC address is deleted, it will no longer have access to the Spot Display app.
Create your 32-Camera Video Wall
Once an Apple TV has been claimed into an organization, the ability to create 32-Camera video walls will become available. This article details out the process of creating walls.
32-Camera Video Wall Display
After signing into the Spot Display app, once the 32-Camera Video Wall has been created, you can scroll through available video walls to choose the wall you’d like to view.
Only those with Admin permissions can sign into the Spot Display app.
- Locate the wall you’d like to display. If video walls are not available, refresh the video wall selection.
- Click the wall you’d like to display. Rotating video walls are supported while using Spot Display. There is an expected latency of 3-4 seconds when using Spot Display.
- As with client browser displayed walls, clicking a single stream will enlarge that stream to the whole view.
- To return to the full wall view, click the back button on the Apple TV Remote.
General Controls and Usage
- Multi org select - change your org if your email address is associated with multiple orgs
- Search - search video walls by name
- Refresh - if you make changes to the dashboard, they will not be reflected until you hit the refresh button
- Ex. If you edit a video wall in the dashboard, you will have to back out of the video wall in the tvOS app, hit the refresh button, re enter the video wall, and the changes will reflect the changes made in the dashboard
- Logout - logout of the Spot Display app
We hope this article was useful to you, please leave us a comment or feedback as it will help us improve our customer support center.