In some cases, you might want to check the image quality of a camera outside of the Spot Appliance or Spot Dashboard. Using the VLC media player removes the Spot equipment from the equation and shows a feed directly from the camera to your VLC player.
Download the VLC media player
The VLC media player can be downloaded at the following link: https://www.videolan.org/vlc/.
Locate the Video Stream
- Access the Live page from your Spot Dashboard, and choose the camera you want to view from the list on the right.
- Right Click on the page > Inspect > Network
- Once in the Network page, search for m3u8, and choose one that starts with master.
- Click on the master link, and copy the Request URL, located under Headers > General.
Access the Video Stream on Windows
- Open VLC
- Click Media > Open Network Stream > Paste the Request URL > Play
Access the Video Stream on Mac
- Open VLC
- Click File > Open Network > Paste the Request URL > Open
We hope this article was useful to you, please leave us a comment or feedback as it will help us improve our customer support center.