Have you ever wondered how to access your IP Cameras remotely? Well, with the Spot AI Dashboard it’s as simple as logging in. However, you might find yourself needing or wanting an additional solution. In that case, you can either set up a static IP through your ISP, or you can configure Dynamic DNS (DDNS) on your IP cameras. Configuring DDNS allows you to log in using a hostname rather than an IP address.
Note: Integration of DDNS on IP Cameras is not supported within the Spot AI Dashboard, however, the Spot AI Cameras do support DDNS.
It is also important to note that exposing your IP cameras to the internet can be an additional hole in network security.
Step 1: Sign up for a DDNS service
There are a number of DDNS service providers available. Choose whichever one suits your needs best and sign up for an account.
Step 2: Log in to your camera's administration page
Accessing the administration page varies depending on camera manufacturer. However, if the camera is configured on your Spot AI Dashboard, you can follow the steps below.
- Log in to your Spot AI Dashboard, click Configure along the top, then Locations from the left.
- Click Edit in the lower left corner of the location the camera you'd like to configure is installed in.
- Once you're in the correct location, choose the Cameras tab from the middle, then select the camera you'd like to configure from the list.
- Click Native Camera Config, choose Local > Navigate or Remote > Navigate Remotely (depending on your location), and enter the login credentials for the camera when prompted.
Step 3: Enable and Configure DDNS
These steps will vary greatly depending on the camera manufacturer. Below is a walk through of how to configure DDNS on a Spot AI camera.
- Once inside the camera administration page, locate the Configuration tab, then find Network along the left side and click Advance Set Up.
- Check the box next to DDNS to enable the setting.
- Choose the DDNS Type from the drop down.
- Enter your DDNS credentials from the account you created in step 1, then save.
We hope this article was useful to you, please leave us a comment or feedback as it will help us improve our customer support center.